I’m the type of person who doesn’t travel light. But when I do; I only bring the absolute essentials. So if you are a foreigner who wants to travel to the Philippines; here are the things you need to shop for and why.
- Sunscreen, one with high SPF. SPF 15 won’t do; go for higher. The sun is almost always present here. And if you don’t want to walk under the sun with an umbrella, like most locals do (including myself, at times), then use a sunscreen.
- Powder Foundation, if you have dry skin; then you can get away with liquids and cream. But if you have combination to oily skin, then the humidity will, and it really will melt your liquid and cream foundation, and if you plan on strolling outside all day the best choice is to go for powder.
- Anything to hydrate your hair; Like a leave in conditioner. Humidity is not good for your hair, there was a case when I was in college that I stayed under the sun for my NSTP, and my hair almost got fried.
- Hydration for skin; even if you are sweating, it doesn’t mean that you’re skin gets proper hydration. Get a nice body lotion.
- Lip Balm. Because you lips will get chapped under the heat; I can guarantee you that.
- Insect repellent. MOSQUITO BITES ARE NOT FUN…
- WATER, because even if you are pretty, if you die from dehydration, shit will not look good.
Generally, bring things that would be great for the hot weather. And if you like to tan… then bring your own toiletries, since most of the things you’ll find here has the word “Whitening” in them.
I hope you find this helpful. ❤ Thank you for reading! 😀